Monday, November 14, 2011

No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.

That is wonderful verse. "No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to every one in the house". During the past six years, I have had opportunities to speak to thousands of managers across various organizations, as part of my corporate training. Only less than ten percentage of these youngsters are really passionate about what they are doing, and the whopping  ninety percentage is trapped in the corporate rat race, where their potential is not unleashed completely. That is a very sad story.

 Is Jesus asking us to show off our talents?. Never. He is asking us to to use our talents for the betterment of humanity, in his name, relying on his power. As a corporate trainer, as part of my profession, I am going through the same set of slides, answering the same questions, hundreds of times. Sometimes it is really frustrating as a trainer, even though it is interesting for the audience. The moment I start seeing it as a God sent opportunity to influence thousands of youngsters positively, the sense of gratitude overflows. The larger picture emerges. I am charged up again...

The moment we offer our work as an offering to God, we will start seeing it as an opportunity to serve God and humanity as a whole. We will make something extra ordinary, out of the ordinary. Suddenly all the cylinders start firing towards a nobler cause, propelled by God power, converted into actions through us. Whatever may be our job, there is a larger angle to it, than just money making. 

Dear Lord, on this Monday morning, I surrender myself  and all that is given to me by you, to you. Bless me. Use me as your instrument to do good to every one I come across this week. Give me the grace and strength to say 'No' to everything, which is not of any benefit, which can defile me. Propelled by your power, let me spread the light, illuminating everything around me. Praise you Jesus. Thank you Jesus. Adore you Jesus. 












This was an attempt to photograph two candles, one lit, and the other one extinguished with smoke coming out of it. I was not successful in what I wanted, and then I got this one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise the Lord....Post your comments